The winner of the Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards 2020 has been announced.
Mark Fitzpatrick’s image Terry the Turtle Flipping the Bird won the overall prize at the awards ceremony held live via Instagram.
He will receive a trophy, a one-week safari and a Z 6 Nikon and a NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lens.
The category winners are:
- Alex Walker’s Serian Creatures of the Land – Charlie Davidson, Almost Time to Get Up
- Spectrum Creatures in the Air – Tim Hearn, Hide and Seek
- ThinkTank Photo Junior – Olin Rogers, I’ve Got You This Time!
- Amazing Internet Portfolio – Daisy Gilardini, Deadly Fart
- Underwater – Mark Fitzpatrick, Terry the Turtle Flipping the Bird
- Affinity Photo People’s Choice Award – Roland Kranitz, O Sole Mio
Category winners will receive a bag from the ThinkTank collection.
Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards
The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards is a global, online and free-to-enter photography competition.
Founded by Paul Joynson-Hicks and Tom Sullam, both professional photographers and passionate conservationists, it showcases seriously funny images of the earth’s most amazing wildlife.
In addition to providing some light-hearted relief, the competition aims to highlight wildlife conservation in an engaging and positive way.
As well as sponsoring a category, Spectrum Photographic is proud to once again be the print sponsor for this year’s awards.
We produced matt C-Type prints mounted to foam board for the exhibition.
Prints of images selected for this year’s final are available to buy here.
Main image: Terry the Turtle Flipping the Bird © Mark Fitzpatrick