Its aim is to support, elevate and showcase the best of the new wave of photographers.
The prize is free to enter. An exhibition at East Photographic Gallery will showcase the 100 successful submissions.
Spectrum Photographic is the print sponsor, producing 100 C-Type Matt prints for the exhibition.
How to enter Palm* Photo Prize
Submissions are open from now until March 30 2021. Entrance is free.
Each applicant can only submit two images. Please note:
- Login or open a free account on Picter and follow the submission process
- Entries must be in .JPG file format
- Spectrum Photographic will print all successful images
- East Photographic Gallery will display 100 successful images
- The files submitted must be of a photographic nature (no scans of paintings/drawings)
- All exhibited submissions will be printed full bleed
There are no themes – strong stand-alone images are encouraged.
The judges are:
- Alastair McKimm – Editor-in-Chief of i-D
- Karen McQuaid – Senior Curator at The Photographers’ Gallery
- Gem Fletcher – Writer, Photo Editor and Podcaster
- Ronan McKenzie – Photographer and Director of HOME
- Megan Tilley – Senior Photo Agent at East Photographic
- Lola Paprocka – Photographer and Founder of Palm* Studios
Prizes on offer
Exhibited entries will be in the running to win prizes in the following categories:
- Judge’s Panel 1st place
- Judge’s Panel 2nd place
- People’s Choice Award
- East Photographic Up and Coming Award
All winners will be announced online in June.
The Judge’s Panel 1st place winner will receive a £1,000 cash prize, a Labyrinth photography Lab £150 voucher and Palm* Studios goodie bag and Palm* Feature.
The winners of the Judge’s Panel 2nd place and People’s Choice awards will each receive a Labyrinth photography Lab £100 voucher and a Palm* Studios goodie bag and Palm* Feature.
Applicants for the East Up and Coming Award cannot already be represented by a photography agency or gallery.
They will be a stand out, emerging talent pursuing a career in editorial and commercial photography.
The winner will receive a three-meeting mentorship with East’s global team of agents, focussing on a portfolio review (print or digital), as well as an editorial and commercial strategy.
All long-listed entrants will have the option to opt-in to print sales with 100% of the profits going back to the artists.